Please note this does not include short-notice opportunities such as local performances. For access to these opportunities please ensure you ‘like’ our Facebook page, Instagram page, join our Sirens – Supporters group on Facebook and sign up to our mailing list! All endevours will be made to adhere to this calendar however in some cases it is necessary to make some changes throughout the year.
Term 1: Feb 4 – April 13
March 9: Classes on
March 10: Canberra Day long weekend No classes
March 11: Classes in lieu of Sunday (No regular Monday classes)
March 23: Uniform orders due (competitive athletes)
April 13: No competitive classes, all other classes on
*Some teams may require an extra choreography session at the end of term 1 beginning of term 2. Dates to be confirmed early in the new year.
*School holiday workshops and open gym information will be available closer to the date
Term 2: April 29 – July 6
May 25: Classes on
May 26: Reconciliation Day long weekend (no classes on)
May 27: Classes in lieu of Sunday (No regular Monday classes)
June 8: Classes on
June 9: Queen’s Birthday long weekend (no classes on)
June 10: Regular Monday training (due to Winterfest preparation)
June 14-16: AASCF NSW Winterfest competition in Sydney – no classes on
July 6: No competitive classes, all other classes on
Term 3: July 22 – Sept 28
July 20-21: Competitive classes on for teams competing at AASCF Battle
July 26-28: AASCF Battle – no classes on
August 11: ACT Regional Cheerleading Competition – classes tbc
Sept 13-15: AASCF NSW and ACT States Championships no classes on
Sept 21: CheerCon ACT Competition no classes on
Sept 28: No competitive classes, all other classes on
Term 4: Oct 14 – Dec 19
Oct 7-10: Training on for Comp teams competing at Spring Carnival (train on second week of holidays due to Spring Carnival preparation)
Oct 11-13: AASCF Spring Carnival competition no classes on
Nov 1-3: Cheerbrandz competition no classes on
Nov 24: Sirens Showoffs – all teams (classes tbc)
Nov 28- Dec 4: Sirens Shut down for AASCF Nationals week – no classes on
Nov 29-Dec 1: AASCF Nationals Melbourne -All competitive cheer and dance teams to attend
Dec 2: AASCF Pinnacle (all competitive athletes to be prepared to attend if we win bids
Dec 8: Team Placements and enrolment day
Dec 14: End of year BBQ
Dec 19: Last classes of the year
- PLEASE make sure you join the mailing list to get reminders about our competition ‘away’ dates! We would be sad if you were disappointed to arrive for a class that is not on.
Each week starts on a Monday.
- Full school holiday period observed (two weeks). (Except for the higher level teams where stated due to competition dates).
- Long weekends: Saturday classes on; Sunday classes changed to Monday; Monday no regular classes (except June long weekend)
- No comp squads train on the weekends book-ending school holidays! (Except for the comp teams where stated due to competition dates).
- In the week prior to each competition training is MANDATORY for every competitive team class and must not be missed under any circumstance (if you are unable to train during this week we may have to replace you or change your position in the team to allow the team to compete effectively.